- William Bell's legal address is a mystery.
- "In 1994 WILLIAM BELL ran for the County Commission, but his qualification to run was questioned because redistricting had left his house in College Hills outside the district in which he was running. To satisfy the residency requirement, BELL rented a room at the Pickwick Hotel and then moved into Quinlan Castle. During the campaign, which he lost to Chris McNair, BELL fractured his leg in a scuffle with a private investigator who caught him mowing the yard at his regular residence."
- Bell's failure to report your investments in a business that benefitted from city votes in which you took part such as the lobbying on the behalf of the Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority, which is a violation of state ethics laws.
- Bell being in office for the past 3 decades and ironically nothing has occurred other than the city continuously losing population, temporary decreases, but overall increase in crime, decline of the City Schools, the transferral of the Birmingham Water Works Authority from the city, but higher levels of nepotism.
- Finally, he allegations that he is a functioning crackhead like former DC mayor, convict, and current council person Marion Berry.
- He was interim mayor for a few months in 1999, but still lost the election because people knew who the hell this idiot is.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Another round of campaigning
Patrick Cooper has to verbally, mentally, and likely physically battle the forces of stupidity, ignorance, and pseudo-racialized foolishness from the denizens of status quo over the next 6 weeks as he campaigns to become Birmingham's next mayor. Anybody with half-a-brain knows not to underestimate the power of the favoritism and ignorance of some citizens of Birmingham because of the 45% eligible voters that voted in October 2007 50.1% of them elected Larry Langford as mayor. However, there a number of advantages on Cooper's did this time around including the proof of Langford being a fraud along with overcoming the forces of status quo and delusion from Carole Smitherman by nearly 2-to-1, but this is a new election and he has to start from scratch again. He has to maintain and convince Emory Anthony supporters along with some of Smitherman supporters while keeping his own based electrified to come out in droves on January 19th. Bell will be a formidable foe since the Old Guard and Establishment will be backing him hands down because they have a distrust of any newcomer that doesn't kiss their entitlement-complicit asses because he's biracial, successful withouth their help, and popular with white voters and inhabitants in the surrounding areas. However, he is the best candidate considering the interesting things about Bell.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Ron Sparks Opted not to leave the gubernatorial ra...
- Ron Sparks might leave the Alabama gubernatorial r...
- Gary White's federal conviction reinstated
- Update on the Jefferson County occupational tax sa...
- Why o' why, is ALDOT and Bob Riley trying to force...
- Violent crimes are down in Birmingham, Mobile, and...
- Now why are Democrats surprised by this? Parker G...
- So-call "Independent" Joe Lieberman has threatened...
- DC is now the first city in the South allowing sam...
- Frank Matthews gone bye-bye from Birmingham City H...
- Birmingham is slashing and burning left and right ...
- ACORN won their court battle against the US govern...
- Oh why o why?
- The political "what ifs" that wind up happening
- Jefferson County told to pay $38 million in occupa...
- Houston is now the largest U.S. with an openly-gay...
- Tiger Woods going to disappear for a while?
- South Carolinian Republicans circles the wagons to...
- RANDOM THOUGHTS: Cancellation of classes for Unive...
- Another round of campaigning
- Populous meets with perspective users of the BJCC ...
- Today is the day of reckoning for Birmingham
- Kasim Reed is Atlanta mayor-elect, but Norwood is ...
- A Hiring Manager at an Orlando McDonald's said wha...
- Joe Reed has spoken...
- The Birmingham News endorses Emory Anthony
- Three buses disappear from Trussville...but nobody...
- Beyonce leading with 10, Whitney given none, and t...
- Oh how, oh how did WXIA-TV do it?
- Kasim Reed pretty much won, but Mary Norwood won't...
- Today is the day of reckoning, part deux for Atlan...
- Cooper called it, and that splaboo Bell did say it...
- ▼ December (32)