Monday, August 17, 2009

Uh ok...Birmingham Mayor Langford cannot afford an attorney

Yeah, that's bizarre yet, not a surprise. Most attorneys (quality) in Birmingham aren't cheap, but last time I remember the Mayor's salary is $130,000+ annually. On the other hand, I've seen what he drive and it isn't an economy vehicle. Also he has a residence in the city on 3rd Avenue North in the lofts along with a house with his wife in Fairfield.

So the federal magistrate is appointing a legal representative for Mayor Langford in his upcoming trial. However, if federal prosecution proves he can afford at least part of the bill then they will request compensation.

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW! Now I'm not going to cast any stones at him because I had family that personally knew the man. However, I'm not going to give him a pass either. Another case of "it is what it is".

Here's the link for the court order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Blog Archive