After watching this video from "Blueprint America" on PBS courtesy of New York affiliate, WNET, I can see why Birmingham is so screwed on an infrastructural standpoint. Lobbyists like Business Alliance for Responsible Development (BARD) manipulating regional organizations like the Birmingham Business Alliance, Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) on things that affect us the most like highway layouts and transportation infrastructure. Why in the world would ALDOT allow the planned route of the "Northern Beltine" as it dubbed going straight through parts of the Birmingham that is environmentally sensitive and unnecessary. The original route of the northern belt was suppose to connect with I-459 at both ends; instead, it only connects on the western portion and the eastern portion connects in the middle of nowhere near Clay. They have the audacity want to continue it own into Saint Clair County to connect to I-20. Map of route is here .
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Atlanta mayoral race have turned out to be no diff...
- Obviously she's not that bright or just too damn c...
- An interesting visual description of Blue Dogs
- Birmingham is making waves globally with 2 new gre...
- Now this is funny, 2 stores are coming to the Summ...
- Jeffco Commissioners Smoot and Humphryes harping a...
- Well Chuck Norris endorses Roy Moore
- WPGC in DC is now known as "95-5 PGC"
- Well, It looks like there will be 3 incumbents are...
- Edward "Ted" Kennedy dies at 77 (1932-2009)
- 8 Years to the Day since Aaliyah Dana Haughton has...
- As much as enjoy watching 'The Real Housewives of ...
- Maxine Waters delivers the Truth and thensome
- Jefferson County Commission is broke and going to ...
- Christian Coalition Gubernatorial Forum was last n...
- Chains that need to be boycotted because they left...
- Ron Sparks makes a political gamble on legalized g...
- Well, at least he's getting a new venue
- The interesting and funny exchange between Lou Dob...
- Alabama has made some progress, but much more to g...
- New Poll confirms that there is more support for a...
- A fool decides to stay in the race after lying
- Ghosts from the past still haunting Birmingham
- Uh, when did the definition of racism go up for di...
- Uh ok...Birmingham Mayor Langford cannot afford an...
- Now Mini Cooper AKA "Mini Coop" ought be exposed f...
- Textbook reason why Birmingham is screwed up
- Well, here I go
- ▼ August (29)