Just when one thought the past was the past then comes former mayor Richard Arrington and his new Jefferson County Citizens Coalitions. I could have sworn that the Citizens Coalition dissolved and why would this ghost from the past comeback to haunt us?
Anyways, here's the slate of candidate in endorsements from the "New Jefferson County Citizens Coalitions":
District 1 Joel Montgomery
District 2 Rolanda Hollis
District 4 Maxine Parker
District 5 Charlie L. Williams
District 6 Sheila Tyson
District 7 James Earnest Roberson Jr.
District 8 Gerri Robinson
District 9 James Edward Williams Jr.
Now, Shelia Tyson's name showed up on this list has be saying "Hmmmm" because she is 2007 mayoral candidate Patrick Cooper's former campaign manager. Now she is being endorsed by Arrington's group, either Cooper and Arrington are in cohorts or something here is very fishy. Then they endorse Joel Montgomery when he isn't exactly know for walking on the straight and narrow I'm not saying, but I'm just saying...
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Atlanta mayoral race have turned out to be no diff...
- Obviously she's not that bright or just too damn c...
- An interesting visual description of Blue Dogs
- Birmingham is making waves globally with 2 new gre...
- Now this is funny, 2 stores are coming to the Summ...
- Jeffco Commissioners Smoot and Humphryes harping a...
- Well Chuck Norris endorses Roy Moore
- WPGC in DC is now known as "95-5 PGC"
- Well, It looks like there will be 3 incumbents are...
- Edward "Ted" Kennedy dies at 77 (1932-2009)
- 8 Years to the Day since Aaliyah Dana Haughton has...
- As much as enjoy watching 'The Real Housewives of ...
- Maxine Waters delivers the Truth and thensome
- Jefferson County Commission is broke and going to ...
- Christian Coalition Gubernatorial Forum was last n...
- Chains that need to be boycotted because they left...
- Ron Sparks makes a political gamble on legalized g...
- Well, at least he's getting a new venue
- The interesting and funny exchange between Lou Dob...
- Alabama has made some progress, but much more to g...
- New Poll confirms that there is more support for a...
- A fool decides to stay in the race after lying
- Ghosts from the past still haunting Birmingham
- Uh, when did the definition of racism go up for di...
- Uh ok...Birmingham Mayor Langford cannot afford an...
- Now Mini Cooper AKA "Mini Coop" ought be exposed f...
- Textbook reason why Birmingham is screwed up
- Well, here I go
- ▼ August (29)