The intimate apparel store, the Fitting Touch and women's boutique, Moods, are leaving their current respective centers in Vestavia Hills and Huntsville to locate the Summit. The Fitting Touch is located in between White House/Black Market and Swoozie's in the main strip of the center; whereas, Moods is locating in the Saks Plaza in between J.Crew and MARY.
LOL, it's funny how everybody in Huntsville was talking about how much Bridge Street was going to be this major upscale project for Huntsville and the Tennessee Valley and now retailers are leaving it along with the fact that there still no major anchors to the center. The main tenants are the run-of-the-mill stores like Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Old Navy, etc. along side a few exclusive tenants like Juicy Couture and Ketchup. The Summit has those former tenants as well, but most of them are on their way out since their leases are set to expire in 2012, and the center's owner, Bayer Properties, made it known they are not being renewed. The Summit is also within the corporate limits of Birmingham, so it is a true city landmark and super-regional destination for upscale shopping. I wouldn't be a bit of surprised if Juicy Couture moves to the Summit in a few years since Bridge Street is a bust.
Vestavia Hills City Center was already out is its league because it was designed to be local open-air lifestyle center and nothing more than that. It's been losing tenants left and right because of the extremely high leasing rates along with the tomfuckery owners and management of AIG Baker. Yeah, this company is affiliated with the same federally-bailed out AIG that foots the financing for this commercial real estate company with developments in AL, GA, TN, FL, MS, and SC. The only thing good about the company is its efforts to redevelop some older centers like Vestavia City Center, which used to be Vestavia Center enclosed shopping mall, and 1-million square-foot Wildwood Center in Homewood. I do find that very admirable because the last thing Birmingham needs is more urban sprawl.
Good job, Bayer Properties and Birmingham!
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Atlanta mayoral race have turned out to be no diff...
- Obviously she's not that bright or just too damn c...
- An interesting visual description of Blue Dogs
- Birmingham is making waves globally with 2 new gre...
- Now this is funny, 2 stores are coming to the Summ...
- Jeffco Commissioners Smoot and Humphryes harping a...
- Well Chuck Norris endorses Roy Moore
- WPGC in DC is now known as "95-5 PGC"
- Well, It looks like there will be 3 incumbents are...
- Edward "Ted" Kennedy dies at 77 (1932-2009)
- 8 Years to the Day since Aaliyah Dana Haughton has...
- As much as enjoy watching 'The Real Housewives of ...
- Maxine Waters delivers the Truth and thensome
- Jefferson County Commission is broke and going to ...
- Christian Coalition Gubernatorial Forum was last n...
- Chains that need to be boycotted because they left...
- Ron Sparks makes a political gamble on legalized g...
- Well, at least he's getting a new venue
- The interesting and funny exchange between Lou Dob...
- Alabama has made some progress, but much more to g...
- New Poll confirms that there is more support for a...
- A fool decides to stay in the race after lying
- Ghosts from the past still haunting Birmingham
- Uh, when did the definition of racism go up for di...
- Uh ok...Birmingham Mayor Langford cannot afford an...
- Now Mini Cooper AKA "Mini Coop" ought be exposed f...
- Textbook reason why Birmingham is screwed up
- Well, here I go
- ▼ August (29)