Alabama's U.S Senator Richard "Tricky Dicky" Shelby is impeding any progress in the nomination process of any of the 70 nominated for the Obama administration over "pork" projects he wants for this state. He wants the defense contracts, FBI training center, and money for other pet projects from federal dollars to return to Alabama. This jackass is hoping to appease the delusional and WASP-y crowd that will buy anything he is selling because he wants deserves this "pork money" more than the reality of the federal deficit and wants to bad-mouth Obama as being "useless" as his empty-head, blind followers would buy. FYI, he has more than 5 buildings across Central Alabama that bare his or his families' name on it.
However, little do he realize this can be a ball in the Obama administration and Democrats' corner since this is doing exactly what they have been claiming "obstructing progress in Washington". Shelby might ironically wind up costing his fellow Republican comrades or comrades in running for office some major political capital. Also let's not forget how John "McSame" McCain is the anti-thesis of pork and they are in the same party and house of Congress - the Senate. It's going to be very interesting thanks to this dubious attempt to blackmail the Obama administration and Washington over some self-centered shit. Alabama isn't the most important place in the nation, and anybody with half-a-brain knows this.
UPDATE: He backed off on his holds after the press and everybody else made an ass of him, especially with the Republicans gaining a reputation as obstructionists.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Birmingham is $77M in deficit...
- As I said back in November, the first punch has be...
- So what is really going on?
- Wait a minute! Did the jackal admit Birmingham ca...
- Both Birmingham and Atlanta lost out on their T.I....
- A little reality check...
- Oh, the Democratic Two-Step and a little info for ...
- As I expected...black women said, "No, thanks John...
- Birmingham is held in contempt of court?
- YAWN! Are we still at this
- A poll by the Washington Post says....
- John Mayer is stupid as hell, but at least he was ...
- Tricky Dicky's power stunt might cost Republicans ...
- New Orleans elects it first white mayor in a gener...
- Poor DC and Baltimore!
- Superbowl and why I envy those in South Florida ri...
- TEA Party Convention in Nashville????
- RANT: I call it like I see it!
- ▼ February (19)