I'm stuck working on a project for graduate school, but I really would LOVE to be in South Florida right now. No lie! I would be just relaxing and laughing at the debauchery that is occuring there with everybody flocking there including the bach-bachheads and whores to get with the NFL players for God-knows what reason. Regardless, I would be living it up in SoFlo because it much nicer and sunnier than it is here in Birmingham.
However, I wanted to take time out to say that this might be Miami and South Flroida's last Superbowl if the region's leaders don't pony up the funds to renovate and find an retractable coverage for SunLife Financial Stadium in northern Miami-Dade County. The word on the street is that the NFL wants them to "upgrade the stadium to modern NFL standards", which means "fix it, making it bigger and better, or we're out". Man, the NFL commission is a trip since the stadium formerly known as Dolphin Stadium (until January), is a relatively modern NFL facility. I mean if they are looking for a Texas-size upgrade like Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, then they are on some stupid crap for sure. Miami is a warm, tropical place, so what do you expect. Even if it does rain there, it's not like you can't still have the game compared to much colder and snowier places like in the NYC, Chicago, etc. where they have open-air stadia and couldn't host a Superbowl for nothing. Sheesh!
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Birmingham is $77M in deficit...
- As I said back in November, the first punch has be...
- So what is really going on?
- Wait a minute! Did the jackal admit Birmingham ca...
- Both Birmingham and Atlanta lost out on their T.I....
- A little reality check...
- Oh, the Democratic Two-Step and a little info for ...
- As I expected...black women said, "No, thanks John...
- Birmingham is held in contempt of court?
- YAWN! Are we still at this
- A poll by the Washington Post says....
- John Mayer is stupid as hell, but at least he was ...
- Tricky Dicky's power stunt might cost Republicans ...
- New Orleans elects it first white mayor in a gener...
- Poor DC and Baltimore!
- Superbowl and why I envy those in South Florida ri...
- TEA Party Convention in Nashville????
- RANT: I call it like I see it!
- ▼ February (19)