Unfortunately, my professional life has seriously impeded upon my following of the New Orleans mayoral race, but apparently Moon Landrieu's youngest child, Mitch, won the seat of New Orleans' mayor last night. Also the twisted irony is that Moon was New Orleans' last white mayor since 1978. He beat everybody by a psuedo-"landslide" considering he only won by 66% in a field of 5 candidates. The surprise to me is that Atlanta tried to do the same thing, but the racialized politics cloudy this and hence why we have Kasim Reed aka "Fathead" in office. Anyways, congrats N.O. considering you had Ray "C-Ray" Nagin as mayor for the past 8 years and prove to be a bigger joke than anybody else in recent history of local politics.
Now, the whole political football over endorsing New Orleans over Indianapolis is so trivial to me, so have at to everybody else. It is what it is. I would say just enjoy the game...
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Birmingham is $77M in deficit...
- As I said back in November, the first punch has be...
- So what is really going on?
- Wait a minute! Did the jackal admit Birmingham ca...
- Both Birmingham and Atlanta lost out on their T.I....
- A little reality check...
- Oh, the Democratic Two-Step and a little info for ...
- As I expected...black women said, "No, thanks John...
- Birmingham is held in contempt of court?
- YAWN! Are we still at this
- A poll by the Washington Post says....
- John Mayer is stupid as hell, but at least he was ...
- Tricky Dicky's power stunt might cost Republicans ...
- New Orleans elects it first white mayor in a gener...
- Poor DC and Baltimore!
- Superbowl and why I envy those in South Florida ri...
- TEA Party Convention in Nashville????
- RANT: I call it like I see it!
- ▼ February (19)