Thursday, January 21, 2010
Well, well, well, decisions, decisions...
After the display of belligerent ignorance by 54% of the 40% of the eligible voters in the city of Birmingham chose to vote for more of the same bullshit that has brought Birmingham to the abysmal point that it exists at presently. In addition, I've been having my second thoughts about remaining in Central Alabama for a while now because this place is one of those places where niggas want to rule the place whereas those of us who are black and possess common sense have just left. It's a number of people feel like do, but I've been the first to admit personally for awhile (not in print on this blog though) that I've been shopping around for new places to lay my head outside of this acrimonious region. The funny thing is that I don't feel that bad about making these key decisions because it comes to to personal happiness and sanity/peace-of-mind when one looks at where they want to reside. I'll have a psuedo-affinity for Birmingham, but in the long run I would rather place myself in a city that has a more sane stance on issues and can have more go forward without entertaining ignorance. Now, that doesn't mean I won't continue to cover Birmingham, in some form, but the place is stagnant and will be broadening my discussion and probably focusing on the South as a whole. Interesting things lay ahead, but no regrets at all. The only regrets should exist is those who want to more of the same in Birmingham, and they know who they are and I've nothing to say to them.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Rod McCollum writes a column on MSNBC's The Grio o...
- LGBT legal organization tells outed Atlanta Falcon...
- High Speed Rail in the South?
- WOW, WOW, WOW!
- A picture speaks a thousand words
- WTH is going on at WVEE and WPGC?
- Miss Thang from SC is talking and about to be shat...
- The jackal has been coronated...
- More talk, but little action
- Well, well, well, decisions, decisions...
- This is enough to make me want to sucker punch Fra...
- More negativity...
- Trey Songz outed as bisexual?
- Is the Good Bishop still up to no good in DC?
- Pat Robertson needs to sit is decripped ass THEN t...
- Things that make me wonder if Birmingham is worth ...
- Birmingham, on the verge of success or failure, p...
- Harry Reid and the unspoken things that some peopl...
- So Harold Ford Jr. has been a proponent all along ...
- The Atlanta Falcon fullback's business gets put ou...
- Former TN Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. is trying t...
- Oh brother!
- Mudslinging Galore! Racial inneudoes and Homophob...
- Cruella Deville will not run for a fifith term on ...
- A Case of WTF and SMH: The murder of well-renowned...
- ▼ January (25)