Monday, January 11, 2010
Birmingham, on the verge of success or failure, part I
The first of the 3 televised or broadcast debates were last night on ABC 33/40 from the UAB Alys Stephens Center for the Performing Arts moderated by their news anchor Pam Huff, and the production was amateur at best thanks to Birmingham's piecemeal ABC affiliate. They had only 3 cameras and the operation was cheap looking compared to what they did in Atlanta with their news stations. Also ABC 33/40 focused too much on the face rather the person themselves. Anyways.
William Bell and Patrick Cooper faced off and boy was it a show to say the least. Cooper tried his best to focus on his platform for the city whereas Bell tried his best to make a many side swipes at Cooper as possible and when he wasn't doing that he was talking about how much "experience" he has a politician. It didn't amount to much because the debate was so fruitless in my opinion because only a dumbass with prejudicial bias against somebody who isn't "considered one of them" would vote for Bell. Bell's platform is a vague as it comes and here I am watching this shit and wondering how in the hell did Bell say "I-65 & 41st Street is Eastlake". HUH? That is North Birmingham, you moron. You don't even know the city, yet you want to run the place. He is so full of hot air that it is embarrassing.
I'm not even wasting my time listening to the debate that god-awful WBHK "98.7 Kiss FM" will be broadcasting because I'm not going to give them the listening cume or the advertisement dollars because as I've said in the past, they are garbage. I'll just give the details of the last debate which will be aired on WBRC, "FOX 6" during their 9PM newscast Thursday live.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Rod McCollum writes a column on MSNBC's The Grio o...
- LGBT legal organization tells outed Atlanta Falcon...
- High Speed Rail in the South?
- WOW, WOW, WOW!
- A picture speaks a thousand words
- WTH is going on at WVEE and WPGC?
- Miss Thang from SC is talking and about to be shat...
- The jackal has been coronated...
- More talk, but little action
- Well, well, well, decisions, decisions...
- This is enough to make me want to sucker punch Fra...
- More negativity...
- Trey Songz outed as bisexual?
- Is the Good Bishop still up to no good in DC?
- Pat Robertson needs to sit is decripped ass THEN t...
- Things that make me wonder if Birmingham is worth ...
- Birmingham, on the verge of success or failure, p...
- Harry Reid and the unspoken things that some peopl...
- So Harold Ford Jr. has been a proponent all along ...
- The Atlanta Falcon fullback's business gets put ou...
- Former TN Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. is trying t...
- Oh brother!
- Mudslinging Galore! Racial inneudoes and Homophob...
- Cruella Deville will not run for a fifith term on ...
- A Case of WTF and SMH: The murder of well-renowned...
- ▼ January (25)