Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know US Senator and Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said something that a number of us black folks realize about Barack Obama and other educated black folks. Also he touched upon the imagery of what some people think about lighter toned, educated, and/or well-spoken blacks. It's ashame that we still live in a world where some whites and blacks think that if you are lighter means better, but if you are light-toned, educated, and well-spoken then you are "acceptable". I'm dumbfounded yet not really surprised at all this. Now, Al Sharpton and Congressional Black Caucus supporting him
In related news, Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele needs to STFU. He is claiming that if it was somebody white and Republican then the DNC would be calling for their head. There are even claims that these remarks are as bad as the remarks former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott said about how good of a guy that Strom Thurmond was. That is true, but you are the token negro of the RNC/GOP and they are plotting your demise at this very moment. Let's not forget about "Y'all come. I got the fried chicken and potato salad" comments in the interview with the young male asking about inclusion of non-whites into the GOP. You are the same fool who wrote a book and touring for it, but had to start canceling appearances and interviews because they are back in the shed grinding and sharpening the axe for your ass. Simpleton.
Democrats and Republicans are both parties with racist, racially bias, and racially aversive individuals with more hang ups than phone operator, but let's be real. The Republicans have a way more racially aversive platform overall than the more inclusive platform of the Democrats. As an Independent, I will vote for a candidate of either party as long as they have a proper and productive and progressive platform, but the Republican party is a joke these days regulated to the South and exurban areas.
Ignorance all around the way...
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Rod McCollum writes a column on MSNBC's The Grio o...
- LGBT legal organization tells outed Atlanta Falcon...
- High Speed Rail in the South?
- WOW, WOW, WOW!
- A picture speaks a thousand words
- WTH is going on at WVEE and WPGC?
- Miss Thang from SC is talking and about to be shat...
- The jackal has been coronated...
- More talk, but little action
- Well, well, well, decisions, decisions...
- This is enough to make me want to sucker punch Fra...
- More negativity...
- Trey Songz outed as bisexual?
- Is the Good Bishop still up to no good in DC?
- Pat Robertson needs to sit is decripped ass THEN t...
- Things that make me wonder if Birmingham is worth ...
- Birmingham, on the verge of success or failure, p...
- Harry Reid and the unspoken things that some peopl...
- So Harold Ford Jr. has been a proponent all along ...
- The Atlanta Falcon fullback's business gets put ou...
- Former TN Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. is trying t...
- Oh brother!
- Mudslinging Galore! Racial inneudoes and Homophob...
- Cruella Deville will not run for a fifith term on ...
- A Case of WTF and SMH: The murder of well-renowned...
- ▼ January (25)