Now, this is a case of trying to get a spot so bad that one will do things that are just pointless in my book. In this case with former Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. moving from his Memphis-based seat to a failed, yet close run for U.S. Senate in Tennessee where he got so many racial innuendos thrown his way via the Tennessee GOP to potentially running for U.S. Senate again but for New York. This is just crazy in my opinion because he thinks he do a "Hillary Clinton" and just shift from a Southern state to New York state then get elected then he is sadly mistaken. One thing is Clinton had recognition across the board since she was the former First Lady, and another thing Clinton is way more progressive than Ford on key issues such as same-sex union, women's rights, and the works. He took a job at Merrill Lynch just about 4 years ago and now he want to take a helm of acclaim after such a short time in NYC. Clinton got the side-eye from me, but Ford is getting the bigger side-eye because he already ran in his home state, but wants to try again in a state where he is practically a nobody.
What's even more interesting is Senate. Charles Schumer and Majority Leader Harry Reid called NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg to ask him not to back Ford in the primary challenge against NY Governor David Patterson's appointed Kirsten Gillibrand for the US Senate seat. Gillibrand is more progressive as a Senator than she was a Congressman where she was for anti-gun control and immigration. Bloomberg is being vindictive because Patterson appointed Gillibrand over his close personal friend Caroline Kennedy for the US Senate seat, so his support of Ford although he is the opposite of most things New Yorkers like in a senator.
Oh, what a web we weave!
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Rod McCollum writes a column on MSNBC's The Grio o...
- LGBT legal organization tells outed Atlanta Falcon...
- High Speed Rail in the South?
- WOW, WOW, WOW!
- A picture speaks a thousand words
- WTH is going on at WVEE and WPGC?
- Miss Thang from SC is talking and about to be shat...
- The jackal has been coronated...
- More talk, but little action
- Well, well, well, decisions, decisions...
- This is enough to make me want to sucker punch Fra...
- More negativity...
- Trey Songz outed as bisexual?
- Is the Good Bishop still up to no good in DC?
- Pat Robertson needs to sit is decripped ass THEN t...
- Things that make me wonder if Birmingham is worth ...
- Birmingham, on the verge of success or failure, p...
- Harry Reid and the unspoken things that some peopl...
- So Harold Ford Jr. has been a proponent all along ...
- The Atlanta Falcon fullback's business gets put ou...
- Former TN Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. is trying t...
- Oh brother!
- Mudslinging Galore! Racial inneudoes and Homophob...
- Cruella Deville will not run for a fifith term on ...
- A Case of WTF and SMH: The murder of well-renowned...
- ▼ January (25)