Thursday, March 4, 2010
Washington, D.C. is now the first city in the South that allows full-fledged same-sex unionships within its jurisdiction. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear the case by Fauntroy and the other haters, so the case went back to the District Superior Court, where the justices there also refused. It's a turning of a page for an area that has been plagued with so much controversy surrounding this one issue from the Archdioceses of Washington, D.C. removing its spousal benefits from all employees to the ending of foster care services within the District itself, but leaving it in suburban Montgomery County in Maryland. The trifecta of fuckery with the Northrop Grumman involving Equality Virginia and Maryland officials badmouthing Virginia because of the acts of Governor McDonnell.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- The brazen lies and intentional omission of the ob...
- Another chapter in the ongoing saga involving Birm...
- The battle in GA amongst the Governor, State Assmb...
- But there's more!!!!
- Tragically, ACORN is done...
- Now the TRUE COLORS are coming out!
- Time for one of my random thoughts about places in...
- The battle over the title "Capital of the South"
- Road rankings and Georgia still fairs better than ...
- Why teachers' unions are the problem?
- What is wrong with Houston's METRORail?
- Oh, WOW! Step away for a week and all hell breaks...
- Hmmm.... More craziness from Virginia...
- Well, former Birmingham mayor Larry Langford was s...
- College Cost Carnage nationwide!
- Another tale of partisan idealism versus realism
- A bill to synchronize the elections of Birmingham ...
- The current electronic bingo bill failed in the Al...
- MARTA is slashing a quarter of its service
- It's official!
- The first female chair of the NAACP
- In additional DC news...
- Now what does this solve?
- Outgoing U.S. Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky...
- Well, I hope the losers are happy - 2 for the pric...
- ▼ March (25)