The US Senate voted with 65-31 vote to end the Clinton administration era policy against LGBTs serving openly in the military. I'm surprised by the gain of a couple of GOP votes like Mark Kirk of Illinois, Susan Collins of Maine, Scott Brown of Massachusetts, etc. However, it is done, so the LGBT bloggers should stop whining about how President Obama hasn't fulfilled his promise of repealing it. It's obvious since the Republicans will be taking over the House and a few more Republican senators in the US Senate next month that anything else socially progressive for LGBTs won't be going down anytime soon. Now let's rejoice and enjoy the holiday season...
IN RELATED NEWS: In one his last votes as a congressman, when the House voted again on the repeal DADT, Artur Davis voted against it. It is what it is. I've always been like "kanye shrug" at Davis when he steps outside of the progressive mode because he is a moderate. However, the sycophant of Shelia Smoot whining on Martin Weinrib aka "gradyw" of Left in Alabama and "MartinW" of Progressive Electorate about it.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg, Charlotte Mecklenburg, we h...
- Teena Marie 1956-2010
- Bama Fact Check looked into the new payroll deduct...
- On a holiday note...
- Well, well, well, somebody made it big in urban mu...
- Interesting things that have occurred with Virgini...
- The Special Session in Alabama Legislature is over...
- Don't Ask Don't Tell is done
- Another party switcher in Texas
- The Inmate Strike in Georgia Prisons
- Who in the hell still steals copper?
- Tom Cuccinelli is at it again, but this time causi...
- Oh how cute, another opportunist but this one is b...
- Somethings that are occuring in the Alabama Legisl...
- Now what exactly is this going to prove?
- So Kasim Reed apologizes to the Atlanta LGBTs for ...
- And what exactly suppose to be said about the 'com...
- A tragic ending for somebody whom earned my respec...
- Eddie Long attempts to silence his accusers with m...
- Well, there is some truth to this, but a lot more ...
- Oh Beauregard! You are a bigot after all...
- So if the T.E.A. Party had their way then nobody t...
- ▼ December (22)