I understand your aggravation and disappointment with your local school district, the parents, students, and even the federal justice system on the case of your senior prom this year. It's clear that the school district's legal team has made it apparent that the prom isn't an official school event, so the federal judicial circuit could not force them to invite you and your girlfriend or hold it as originally planned. However, I look at this as a blessing in disguise as you wouldn't have to subject yourself or your girlfriend to the foolishness those idiots have been in their hearts and soul because of ignorance. If that was me, I wouldn't want to be in the company of anybody who doesn't appreciate my time or presence. People like your fellow classmates, their parents, and school officials are what is wrong with a great chunk of the South and Midwest where people find it A'OK to discriminate, but you and your girlfriend should graduate from school at the end of next month and move somewhere you and her can live productive and happy lives rather than entertain the idiocy of a significant number of citizen in northern Mississippi.
Monday, April 5, 2010
My open letter to Constance McMillian
This is my official response in form of a letter to the scheme that apparently Itawamba County School District officials and parents did this past weekend to Constance McMillian, her girlfriend, and a handful of other students. They invited Constance and those others to an alleged fake prom while hold an actual prom sponsored by the school district unofficially at another location and later confirmed by the local newspaper, Tupelo Daily Journal. Apparently, the parents and the officials of the district felt it was more important to scheme and set a ploy so that the district wouldn't be held in contempt of court, and with that alone I shake my head.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Thoughts on the "Great Division" proposed for Fult...
- A moment to speak on Arizona...
- Republicans are aiming for Alan Grayson ...
- The EPA has been issuing grants to non-profits in ...
- Oh no! It's going to happen again!
- Another lesson for those who are overtly partisan ...
- Oh brother, Mississippi is still doing this...
- I'm loving this foolishness
- Georgia's 1st black female and youngest chief just...
- Oklahoma bill that would block local law enforceme...
- I want some people to STFU on this whole Obama Cen...
- I guess Michael Steele has finally read the memo
- My open letter to Constance McMillian
- Why Erykah Badu? Why?
- Houston's mayor issues all encompassing executive ...
- Poll: Black voters show aptness towards voting aga...
- ▼ April (17)