Black voters seem to be still enticed to vote in the Congressional midterm elections later on this year although President Obama won't be on the ballot. A poll conducted by the nonpartisan Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies surveyed 500 blacks in the states of Missouri, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Indiana about the upcoming election cycle. 2/3rd of their responses were very optimistic about voting again come November. This might be a good sign for Democrats in these states since the majority of these black voters also identified as Democrats.
However, as I warned Democrats up for reelection in February, to stop being so damn literal and reactive towards rural and exurban white voters since most of them are going to vote emotionally rather rational or logically. The true swing voters in this election cycle may just be the turnout of non-white voters who seem to be more reactive towards economic, social, and political conditions rather than the 2 of the 3 issues associated with most of the aforementioned demographic of white voters.
It's going to be an interesting year politically with so many people who spent their wheels in the first quarter of the year shitting on anybody that didn't agree with their point-of-view. Now with the healthcare reform issue resolving itself with the Congressional bill's passage, it's time for those to either get-over-it or focus on more tangible issues like immigration, the economy, jobs, or social issues. All of which is something those who bitch and moan are better at rationalizing a legitimate argument.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- Thoughts on the "Great Division" proposed for Fult...
- A moment to speak on Arizona...
- Republicans are aiming for Alan Grayson ...
- The EPA has been issuing grants to non-profits in ...
- Oh no! It's going to happen again!
- Another lesson for those who are overtly partisan ...
- Oh brother, Mississippi is still doing this...
- I'm loving this foolishness
- Georgia's 1st black female and youngest chief just...
- Oklahoma bill that would block local law enforceme...
- I want some people to STFU on this whole Obama Cen...
- I guess Michael Steele has finally read the memo
- My open letter to Constance McMillian
- Why Erykah Badu? Why?
- Houston's mayor issues all encompassing executive ...
- Poll: Black voters show aptness towards voting aga...
- ▼ April (17)