Thursday, September 10, 2009
OH, how ignorant!
Congressman Joe Wilson of South Carolina, a Republican, has shown his ass for sure last night during the President's speech on health care reform. During the middle of the speech when addressing the concerns involving the coverage of illegal immigrants with the proposals being false then Congressman Wilson yells, "You lie!" twice.
Now the look on Speak of the House Nancy Pelosi was PRICELESS because she was looking like "I know he didn't" look on her face. Whereas President Obama was mean-mugging while Vice President Joe Biden and First Lady Michelle Obama (according to a number of sources) were looking down and shaking their heads.
He issued an apology shortly after exclaiming "I let my emotions get the best of me...", but that's beside the point. It's a damn shame because the blatant disrespect in recent memory was never shown for Presidents Nixon, Carter, Regan, Bush 41, Clinton, or Bush 43 during their speeches regardless of how much opposition. Respect was shown for them during their speeches and press conferences. The only incident that was close to this was an act of disrespect by an Iraqi citizen throwing both of his shoes at President Bush (43). However, it wasn't another American citizen doing this like Congressman Wilson last night.
Some social conservatives and ignorant white people need to get a clue, Barack Obama is president and you have to give him the due respect. You didn't see liberals, black, Hispanics, or other people talking crap to Bush or Regan when they were disliked across the board by those groups, so don't play that "I can do it" crap because that ain't happening.
Oh, yeah it'll be funny if he winds up censured because of this. Ironically, according to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), his opponent in the upcoming 2010 midterm elections, Rob Miller, has received at least $200,000 in campaign contributions since last night's outburst by Congressman Wilson.
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Possible Cuts in MAX is coming, but the In-Town Tr...
- Woman is beaten in front of daughter in Morrow, Ge...
- Is there conspiracy to destroy ACORN?
- Jimmy Carter said it: "Wilson's outburst is based...
- He's been rebuked, well actually just formally adm...
- Gotta love the idiot savancy of Alabama laws
- Artur Davis - "Railroad Values"
- Artur Davis is running ads for governor
- U.S. Census bureau will count same-gender loving c...
- Kanye West and his ness
- The South and Southwest leads the nation in the nu...
- Some more things about Congressman Addison Graves ...
- BB&T and its takeover of Colonial Bank
- Attempts to rejoin SWMA fails
- OH, how ignorant!
- Interesting. there's 2 GLBT events going on this w...
- A little late, my take on the settlement of the su...
- SMH, Van Jones resigns overnight
- Honestly, what has gone wrong with Birmingham
- Gotta give it up to the Alabama Democrats in the L...
- Uh, oh! Another Republican is apparently a closet...
- ▼ September (21)