The sex toys store Love Stuff in Hoover apparently has lost their court battle in the Alabama Supreme Court. The claim is that the store is violating the state's anti-obscenity law and it is too close to daycares and churches. Blah, blah, blah! None of that is true because the area of Hoover it is located is at least a quarter of a mile from any daycare or church.
Yeah, Alabama's anti-obscenity law claims that bans "adult-only entertainment" near churches and child care centers. Get this it was passed in 1998 by a Huntsville Democrat in the Alabama State Legislature. Once again affirming the screwiness of Alabama Democrats and why I absolutely hate the way they operate along with why I'm an Independent.
Now we have to spend our time lobbying to have this stupid law repealed by the State Legislature so that it can remove the embarrassment from the state's reputation. Another stupid move by Alabama...
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Possible Cuts in MAX is coming, but the In-Town Tr...
- Woman is beaten in front of daughter in Morrow, Ge...
- Is there conspiracy to destroy ACORN?
- Jimmy Carter said it: "Wilson's outburst is based...
- He's been rebuked, well actually just formally adm...
- Gotta love the idiot savancy of Alabama laws
- Artur Davis - "Railroad Values"
- Artur Davis is running ads for governor
- U.S. Census bureau will count same-gender loving c...
- Kanye West and his ness
- The South and Southwest leads the nation in the nu...
- Some more things about Congressman Addison Graves ...
- BB&T and its takeover of Colonial Bank
- Attempts to rejoin SWMA fails
- OH, how ignorant!
- Interesting. there's 2 GLBT events going on this w...
- A little late, my take on the settlement of the su...
- SMH, Van Jones resigns overnight
- Honestly, what has gone wrong with Birmingham
- Gotta give it up to the Alabama Democrats in the L...
- Uh, oh! Another Republican is apparently a closet...
- ▼ September (21)