"I think it is clear to the American people that there are far more important issues facing this nation than what we're addressing right now..."Well, Wilson is trying to downplay it even though he is the first member of Congress in its 220-year history to be formally "rebuked" in the House. IMHO, he should just been thoroughly censured if not expelled, but that's me. Also the members of the Congressional Black Caucus pointed out the racial aspect of this outburst and some of this foolishness tied to the controversy with all this anti Obama crap. However, it is what it is. I'll touch on some interesting stuff I heard on CNN this weekend later or tomorrow.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
He's been rebuked, well actually just formally admonished
Yeah, the House voted 240-179 formally to admonish Congressman Wilson of South Carolina. Apparently fellow South Carolinian Congressman, James Clyburn was the main person to bring it to the floor for vote. Also Wilson spoke today exclaiming:
- Birmingham Blues
- Blog for Democracy
- Blog for Democracy
- Different Day, Same Shit
- Field Negro
- Fresh Loaf (Creative Loafing Atlanta)
- Georgia Politico
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Jasmyne Cannick
- Land Matters
- Left in Alabama
- Like the Dew
- Living Out Loud with Darian
- Maybe it's just me...
- Miss Jia
- New Possibilities
- Pam's House Blend
- Peach Pundit
- Poverty, Planning, and Politics
- Rod 2.0
- Second Front
- Shaela R
- Skeptical Brotha
- Southern Political Report
- Stuff White People Do
- The Daily Voice
- The Rude Pundit
- This Week in Blackness
- Urban Radio Nation
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Possible Cuts in MAX is coming, but the In-Town Tr...
- Woman is beaten in front of daughter in Morrow, Ge...
- Is there conspiracy to destroy ACORN?
- Jimmy Carter said it: "Wilson's outburst is based...
- He's been rebuked, well actually just formally adm...
- Gotta love the idiot savancy of Alabama laws
- Artur Davis - "Railroad Values"
- Artur Davis is running ads for governor
- U.S. Census bureau will count same-gender loving c...
- Kanye West and his ness
- The South and Southwest leads the nation in the nu...
- Some more things about Congressman Addison Graves ...
- BB&T and its takeover of Colonial Bank
- Attempts to rejoin SWMA fails
- OH, how ignorant!
- Interesting. there's 2 GLBT events going on this w...
- A little late, my take on the settlement of the su...
- SMH, Van Jones resigns overnight
- Honestly, what has gone wrong with Birmingham
- Gotta give it up to the Alabama Democrats in the L...
- Uh, oh! Another Republican is apparently a closet...
- ▼ September (21)