Thursday, May 19, 2011

Clap, Clap, Bravo for Don Lemon!

I gotta give him props where props are due.  CNN weekend anchor, Don Lemon, has revealed in his upcoming autobiography about him being born a homosexual.  It's ironic considering what went down in the past few days in my own personal life.  I went bowling with a friend and a few acquaintances, and during this outing one of the acquaintances, a female and black, decided to say that she didn't "believe in" in homosexuality because of her religion.  I was about to let her have it, but decided to just let her figure out how stupid she sounded considering.

Lemon said:
As a journalist I believe that part of my mission is to shed light onto dark places. So, the disclosure of this information does not inhibit in any way my ability to be the professional, fair and objective journalist I have always been.
There you have it folks, Lemon is speaking the truth that as a journalist you must be honest as well to be able to seek the truth out for the public.  I applaud him for standing up and going against the grain on being himself.  Although there has to be idiots that shown their asses in certain spots of the black blogosphere and forumsphere about his coming out because some people just want to be sanctimonious or apathetic assholes (like some of the members whom are useless pieces of shit like the Lipstick Alley users, Ms.Devine, RightFullyWrong).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers