Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well, well, well, decisions, decisions...

After the display of belligerent ignorance by 54% of the 40% of the eligible voters in the city of Birmingham chose to vote for more of the same bullshit that has brought Birmingham to the abysmal point that it exists at presently.  In addition, I've been having my second thoughts about remaining in Central Alabama for a while now because this place is one of those places where niggas want to rule the place whereas those of us who are black and possess common sense have just left.  It's a number of people feel like do, but I've been the first to admit personally for awhile (not in print on this blog though) that I've been shopping around for new places to lay my head outside of this acrimonious region.  The funny thing is that I don't feel that bad about making these key decisions because it comes to to personal happiness and sanity/peace-of-mind when one looks at where they want to reside.  I'll have a psuedo-affinity for Birmingham, but in the long run I would rather place myself in a city that has a more sane stance on issues and can have more go forward without entertaining ignorance.  Now, that doesn't mean I won't continue to cover Birmingham, in some form, but the place is stagnant and will be broadening my discussion and probably focusing on the South as a whole.  Interesting things lay ahead, but no regrets at all.  The only regrets should exist is those who want to more of the same in Birmingham, and they know who they are and I've nothing to say to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Blog Archive